General Hospital #16
Information about General Hospital #16 in Richmond, VA during the Civil War.
General Hospital #16 was also called First Georgia Hospital. It was formerly the tobacco factory of John E. Whitlock and Company.
The hospital opened before June 1862. A report on June 7, 1862 listed 66 patients, but the capacity was over 130. It was destroyed in the evacuation fire.
General Hospital #16 was located on the west side of 21st Street; between Main and Cary Streets.
From Confederate Military Hospitals in Richmond by Robert W. Waitt, Jr., Official Publication #22 Richmond Civil War Centennial committee, Richmond, Virginia 1964.