General Hospital #11
Information about General Hospital #11 in Richmond, VA during the Civil War.
General Hospital #11 was also called Globe Hospital and Florida Hospital. It was formerly the tobacco factory of James H. Grant and Company (not to be confused with his brother William’s factory, see General Hospital #12).
It was built 1853 and is still partially standing. Records cover June 1862 through September 1863 and the capacity seems to be about 150.
General Hospital was located on the west side of first block of north 19th Street, near Franklin presently the site of 8-10-12 North 19th Street.
From Confederate Military Hospitals in Richmond by Robert W. Waitt, Jr., Official Publication #22 Richmond Civil War Centennial committee, Richmond, Virginia 1964.)