Information about Henningsen Hospital in Richmond, VA during the Civil War.
Henningsen Hospital was a private hospital under direction of Mrs. Henningsen. It was located on the southside of Franklin, between New and Wall Streets.
Henningsen Hospital was suspended for military use on December 10, 1863.
The 1862/1963 average shows there were 75 patients and 30 employees. The Surgeon-in-charge was Dr. D. J. Watson with Drs. B. Roemer and William T. Goldsmith.
From Confederate Military Hospitals in Richmond by Robert W. Waitt, Jr., Official Publication #22 Richmond Civil War Centennial committee, Richmond, Virginia 1964.