Information about Bellevue Hospital in Richmond, VA during the Civil War
Bellevue was a private hospital. It was located on the Northwest corner of 22nd and Broad Streets.
Bellevue Hospital had 51 patients in September 1861. Dr. James Bolton was the doctor in charge.
From Confederate Military Hospitals in Richmond by Robert W. Waitt, Jr., Official Publication #22 Richmond Civil War Centennial committee, Richmond, Virginia 1964.