From the Richmond Dispatch, 1/3/1862, p. 2, c. 6
ENGLISH AND CLASSICAL SCHOOL, on Franklin st., between 8th and 9th sts. In this school are taught the usual English and Classical studies, preparatory to business or College, including Elementary Book-keeping in single and Double Entry and Surveying. Teachers are also employed for French and Drawing.
E. W. CONE, M. A., Principal.
ja 3 – 3t*