From the Richmond Sentinel, 5/1/1863, p. 2, c. 2
Wayside Home. – The large edifice on Main street, known as the St. Charles Hotel, has been taken by the Georgia Hospital and Relief Association, for the purpose of giving rest and entertainment to the soldiers from Georgia, passing through this city. The building is undergoing the necessary repairs, and will afford ample accommodation to the patriotic men wearied with the turmoil of battle and the toils of march. Georgia has done nobly in this war. Her contribution of men has been liberal, and her efforts to bestow upon them delicate attentions commendable in every respect.