From the Richmond Times, 8/11/1901, p. 3, c. 6
MEETING OF VIRGINIA CLUB.
The Purchase of Van Lew Property Has Been Confirmed.
The Virginia Club held a general meeting last night, at which the purchase of the Van Lew house was confirmed. This property was purchased by Mr. J. S. Moore for the club, which bought it from him, and last night’s meeting was for the purpose of confirming this purchase. The club has begun work on its newly acquired property, and expects to have it ready for occupancy by the 1st of October.