From the Richmond Times-Dispatch, 3/31/1908, p. 2, c. 1
Dr. William H. Parker Buys Old Van Lew Mansion.
Dr. William H. Parker, of Twenty-third and Broad Streets, has purchased the property of the Virginia Club, the old Van Lew mansion, and will convert it into a general sanatorium, in which patients suffering with pulmonary as well as other diseases will be treated. The house is one of the most historic in the city.
The club has made arrangements for other quarters, and will vacate some time next winter.