From the Richmond Times-Dispatch, 7/8/1911, p. 10, c. 7
A communication from the Chamber of Commerce asking $5,000 for improving the road to Williamsburg was referred to the Committee of Finance, as was a communication from the Fire Board asking $1,200 to repair Engine House No. 5, and $5,000 for automobiles for the fire chiefs. The City School Board asked permission to condemn the Van Lew property, belonging to Dr. William H. Parker, the price not to exceed $25,000, and the request was granted. The price has been agreed upon, the proceedings being merely to clear the title. The property will be used for public school purposes.
[remainder of items, dealing with unrelated matters, were not transcribed – MDG]