From the Richmond Commercial Bulletin, 5/17/1865, p. 3, c. 2

CHANGE IN HEADQUARTERS. – The headquarters of General Ord have been removed from the second story of the Custom House to the Baptist Female Institute, 10th street. All the other minor military departments have been removed from the same building, which is to be given up entirely to the use of the several national banks, and the branch of the Treasury Department, located in Richmond.

Go to top