From the Richmond Enquirer, 10/28/1861, p. 3, c. 2
NEW HOSPITAL. - A new hospital for the sick and disabled soldiers has recently been established in Stewart's School House on Clay, between 5th and 6th streets. Already a number of patients have been admitted who are receiving the assiduous care and attention of skillful and experienced nurses. Mrs. Phillip Mayo and other ladies have charge of it.