From the Richmond Dispatch, 9/5/1864, p.3, c. 2
Fire. – Last night about eleven o’clock a fire broke out in an old tobacco factory in the alley running from Thirteenth to Fourteenth streets, between Main and Franklin, destroying that, a brick building occupied as an eating-house next door, and the stable occupied by Messrs. Murray & Roper. All the buildings were old, and not of much value. The fire is supposed to have been the work of an incendiary.