From the Richmond Dispatch, 8/22/1864, p.1, c. 6
Fire. – About half-past one o’clock on Saturday morning last the cow-house connected with the premises of Robert H. Maury, on Clay street, between Eleventh and Twelfth, was set on fire and burnt to the ground. A favorite milch cow, which was inside suffered the loss of about half of her tail. The loss on the building was trifling, as it was of a very frail character. Before the engines arrived on the ground the structure had been entirely consumed.