From the Richmond Whig, 4/28/1865
Major General Halleck's headquarters are at the corner of Clay and Twelfth streets.
Major Gen. E. O. C. Ord, commanding the Department of Virginia. Headquarters corner of Clay and Eleventh streets. Office in Custom House, second floor - Bank street entrance.
Brig. Gen. M. R. Patrick. Headquarters opposite Gen. Ord's. Office in Custom House, first floor - Bank street entrance.
Major General Casey's headquarters are at the corner of Sixth and Main streets.
Brevet Brig. Gen. John E. Mulford, Agent for the Exchange of Prisoners, has an office at the "Female Institute," corner of Clay and 10th streets - (first floor.)
Brevet Brig. Gen. Michie, Chief Engineer Department of Virginia; office, second left-hand door, first floor, Custom House, Bank street entrance.
Brig. Gen. F. T. Dent, Military Commander of the city of Richmond; office, City Hall.
Lieut. H. S. Merill, Post Quartermaster; office, Female Institute, Tenth street.
Capt. A. J. Cook, Post Commissary; office, No. 115 Broad street.
Col. M. P. Small, Chief Commissary Department of Virginia, office at Custom House.
Col. D. M. Evans, Paroling Officer. Office, State Senate Chamber, up stairs, north end.
Colonel John B. Howard, Chief Quartermaster Army of the James, has his office in the Custom House.
Col. Geo. Suckley, U. S. V., Acting Medical Director of Department of Virginia. Office in Custom House.
Acting Staff Surgeon Wm. H. Palmer, U. S. A., Post Surgeon, at Stuart Hospital.
Acting Assistant Surgeon Sanders, U. S. A., in charge U. S. Dispensary, corner Broad and Eighth streets.
Major J. C. Paine, Chief Signal Officer. Office in the Female Institute on Tenth street.
Officers are respectfully requested to inform us of any errors or omissions in the above directory.