From the Richmond Enquirer, 8/20/1861, p. 3, c. 4
PRIVATE HOSPITALS. - The ladies of the Centenary Methodist church, Rev. W. W. Bennett pastor, have established two private hospitals for the care of the sick and wounded soldiers. One on the corner of 4th and Cary, and the other on Henry between Clay and Leigh streets. The ladies of the church will devote their attention to such of the sick and wounded as are taken under their charge, and the inmates, we feel assured, will fare very well.