From the Richmond Dispatch, 9/27/1862, p. 2, c. 4
Starch Factory, &c., Burned. – Russell's starch factory, situated in Rocketts old field, was set on fire about 3 ½ o'clock on yesterday morning and entirely consumed before the flames could be arrested, the structure being of wood and very inflammable. An adjoining frame tenement, owned by Mr. R. A. Mayo, was set on fire by the sparks, and was also burned. In Russell's tenement there were a good many barrels of flour starch. The proprietor had only commenced business about a week since. The building had lately been in use as a hospital, and was formerly known as the Second Baptist Church Chapel.