From the Richmond Dispatch, 6/4/1862, p. 2
A New Hospital. – The Ridge Church, located on the Westham Plank Road, eight miles from the city of Richmond, is to be converted into a hospital for the accommodation of the wounded soldiers, and will be opened probably about the end of the present week. Already subscriptions to the amount of $250 have been made, and any additional sums left at this office for the purpose indicate will be given the right direction. All the doctors located in the neighborhood of the Church will attend the hospital regularly, thus insuring good nursing and careful attention. The ladies will also attend to the sick. The Church is in District No. 4, Henrico, and will be named, as a hospital, "The Soldiers' Home."