The Engineer Bureau Hospital was a  hospital for slaves working for the Engineer Bureau on the fortifications around Richmond.

It was opened in late 1862 and apparently was on Cary street, between 18th and 19th.

From Confederate Military Hospitals in Richmond by Robert W. Waitt, Jr., Official Publication #22 Richmond Civil War Centennial committee, Richmond, Virginia 1964.

Go to top