From the Richmond Dispatch, 11/15/1860, p. 1, c. 6
The Armory now being erected on Church Hill, by Company G, is to be a neat, cheap superstructure, and admirably adapted to the purposes for which it is intended. When the building is completed, a committee will be appointed to solicit aid in paying for it, and we have no doubt that the residents of Church and Union Hills will contribute liberally. – The company is attached to the First Regiment, and as such can be called into the service of the city as well as county, at any time. As yet only a small proportion of the bricks needed have been contributed.