From the Richmond Whig, 8/1/1862, p. 2, c. 1
FORT DREWRY. – We wonder why the Yankees invariably refer to the fortification on James river, below Richmond, as "Fort Darling." The proper name is "Fort Drewry," so called in compliment to the commander of one of the artillery companies stationed at the bluff when the Yankee gunboats were repulsed. If the Yankees persist in "falsifying history" by giving the wrong name to a place which they have cause to remember, we trust the press of the Confederate States when they speak of the locality in question will give it its right name.