Tredegar Iron Works
Information about the Tredegar Iron Works in Richmond, VA during the Civil War.
The Tredegar Iron Works was owned and operated by Joseph Reid Anderson. It was located on the James River where Fourth street would meet the river if it extended that far south.
During its operation it produced 1199 cannon for the Confederacy as well as armor plating and boilers for iron-clads.