From the Richmond Times, 5/27/1900, p. 20, c. 5
…Memorial services will be held at the Richmond National Cemetery on Wednesday, May 30th, under the auspices of Phil. Kearney Post G. A. R., of Richmond, Va., and the following programme has been arranged:
Commencing at 10:30 A. M.
1. Reading of Memorial-Day Orders by Commander J. M. Bryant.
2. Prayer, by Post Chaplain.
3. Song, Star Spangled Banner.
4. Reading Lincoln’s Memorial Address, by P. D. C. N. J. Smith.
5. Song, America, by Post.
6. Ritual Exercises, by Post Commander Bryant.
7. Singing, Near, My God, to Thee.
8. Memorial Addresses, by Edgar Allan, Jr.
9. Decoration of graves, during which time music will be furnished by the Drum Corps.
10. Muster at flag staff.
11. Singing, The Land of Beulah, by the Post.
12. Closing Prayer, by Prof. Taft.
13. Return to Richmond, 12:30 P. M.
PETER A. MORTON,
For, and in absence of, Edgar Allan,
Chairman Mem. Committee.