From the Richmond Dispatch, 3/20/1863, p. 1, c. 6

Turned into a Barrack. – The building at the corner of 6th and Cary streets, formerly known ass Castle Lightning, is to be converted into a barrack for the accommodation of several of the companies engaged in doing guard duty within this city. All the prisoners who were in confinement there have been removed.

Go to top