Ross Factory Hospital
Information about Ross Factory Hospital in Richmond, VA during the Civil War.
Ross Factory Hospital functioned as both a prison and a hospital during the Civil War.
Ross Factory Hospital was located in the Tobacco factory of W. B. Ross on the Northwest corner of 26th and Main Streets. It was also known as Main street Hospital
The hospital was opened on September 3, 1861 for Union prisoners. It had 300 patients on a 1864 list.
Drs. Vest, Taylor and Hancock were at the hospital. It was attached to General Hospital #21.
From Confederate Military Hospitals in Richmond by Robert W. Waitt, Jr., Official Publication #22 Richmond Civil War Centennial committee, Richmond, Virginia 1964.)