From the Richmond Sentinel, 3/11/1863, p. 1, c. 4
The New Steam Fire Engine. – This powerful machine, presented to the city by the Old Dominion, the Merchants', the Virginia Fire and Marine, and the State of Virginia Insurance Companies, has been accepted and properly acknowledged by the Council. It is to be put in complete working order, and will be located in a central position, probably on Tenth street. Richmond will be thus well prepared with means to prevent destructive conflagrations.